Valentine’s Day is coming up!
Whether you’re celebrating with your boo, with your gals, or by yourself (because self love + “me” time is super important), I’ve come up with a list of gifts that is different from the cliché roses and chocolates. Don’t get me wrong – roses and chocolates are always welcome, but a little switch up or mini additional gifts won’t hurt 😉
1. NAIL POLISHES
- If your boo loves painting her nails, a simple and easy gift would be to buy nail polishes of her or your favourite colour. If you’re having a Galentine’s party, what better than to kick off with massive stay-at-home medi-pedi? If you’re chilling at home by yourself, throw some movies on while you wait for your nails to dry! I mean, seriously, you can’t go wrong with nail polishes.
- You can grab nail polishes at Shopper’s Drug Mart, Walmart, Sephora… loads of options!
2. GIFT CARD TO HER / HIS FAVOURITE STORE
- Personally I find gift cards a great gift, but only if it’s the stores I actually visit. If your significant other is a Starbucks lover, grab them a Starbucks gift card and load it up with $20 – You’re essentially buying them about 4 drinks (depending on the drinks, of course). Plus, Starbucks has some cute looking ones! 🙂
3. NETFILX SUBSCRIPTION
- Or any other streaming subscription! Who watches television these days? Haha, I know I live off Netflix. It’s a great option to turn it on when you have company over, even if the company is just you and a bowl of popcorn.
4. BLANKET SCARF
- If you live in Toronto, you know that winter is harsh. A blanket scarf is literally a life-saver from the cold. It’s a blanket you can wear in public without being judged. & Trust me, you can bury your face in this while walking in the cold. It’s soooo warm and so helpful for the winter season! It’s definitely an investment, I mean, I have two already and am considering getting another…
- You can check out Aritzia or Zara have ton of options for blanket scarves! Plus sales are on right now, 😉 .
5. POLAROID CAMERA
- The particular one that is shown in my photo is the Instax Mini 8! The Instax Mini 8 has lots of cute colour options – buy one in your significant other’s favourite colour! A polaroid camera is a cute gift for capturing memories and it’s fun to see the film develop after taking the picture 🙂
- You can snag a Instax Mini 8 is at Urban Outfitters or BestBuy! Be sure to buy at least a pack of film so you can snap pictures together on the first day 🙂
This is my first ever post doing something like this, I hope you enjoy it.
To more in the future! 😀
*Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored in any way. All ideas and suggestions are my own.
Till next time, ♥